Pressure Equipment Directive
Reference title: PED
Who should attend
Manufacturers of pressure equipment and assemblies, manufacturers of
equipment parts and components, materials manufacturers, commissioners,
experts in charge of engineering, equipment design, inspection and
procurement, project managers, supervisors, pilot run personnel,
Pressure equipment directive 2014/68/EU - Basics
- EC-harmonization, “New legal framework”
- Scope, definitions: pressure equipment and assemblies, subassemblies
- Classification: risk-categories, “Sound engineering practice”
- Conformity assessment: basic approach, procedures, third-party bodies
- EU-declaration of conformity, CE-marking
- Manufacturer according to the PED, obligations and liability
Essential safety requirements
- Hazard and risk analysis, documentation in practice
- Basics of design and construction
- Materials: suitability for use, inspection certificates, special requirements for steel
- Permanent joining: qualification of personnel and procedures
- Final assessment: final inspection, proof test, inspection of safety devices
- Labelling, fabrication plate
- Operating instructions
Guidelines to the PED
– Legal status, current state
– Impact in practice
- Leading harmonized European Standards
- Adapted national codes: AD 2000, ASME
- Consequences for safe operation, periodic inspection intervals
Borderline and delimitation issues
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- ATEX Directive 2014/68/EU
Operation of pressure equipment – what the manufacturer should know
– National legislation on equipment subjected to authorities’ surveillance
– Periodic inspection intervals.
Workshops (by choice): Classification of equipment and assemblies / Requirements for “sound engineering practice” / Subcontracting and procurement of components / Determination of hydrostatic test pressure / Prevention of brittle fracture – use of steels at low temperatures / CE-marking of piping systems / Hydraulic and pneumatic systems in machinery / Impact of fatigue design specifications on inspection intervals.
Dr.-Ing. Tiberius Schulz
Termine sind ab 1. Februar 2021 buchbar – auch als Online-Beratungen.
Appointments by agreement
In-house seminars & training
Duration 1-2 days.
Topics will be adapted in order to meet the customer’s specific training needs.
Practice-oriented workshops will be included.
From February 1, 2021 we offer seminars and training online.
Query / contact
TSS Consulting Software
An der Brennerei 10
50129 Bergheim, GERMANY
Tel.: +49 (0) 2238 942860
Mobile: 0175 76 52 45 4